This easy Greek salad recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prepare. This classic salad consists of chopped vegetables; cucumber, red onion, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, and bell pepper. Add some crumbled feta cheese to flavor. The salad is mixed with a tasteful dressing – a combination of olive oil, some herbs, and lemon juice. It is a perfect appetizer for your dinner.
• 1 large English cucumber (unpeeled and sliced)
• 1 large red onion (sliced thinly)
• 1/3 cup Kalamata olives (halved)
• 2 medium tomatoes (chopped into bite-sized wedges)
• 1 large green bell pepper (diced)
• 7 oz feta cheese (crumbled)
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• zest of half a lemon
• 1 tbsp thyme leaves (chopped)
• 2 tbsp oregano leaves (crushed)
• 2 tbsp honey mustard
• 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• juice of half a lemon
• salt to taste
Prepare a large mixing bowl.
Add all the chopped vegetables into the bowl.
Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese.
In a separate bowl, add 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
Add chopped thyme leaves, crushed oregano leaves, and zest of half a lemon.
Season with honey mustard, red wine vinegar, salt to taste, and lemon juice.
Pour the dressing into the bowl of vegetables.
Serve and enjoy!
Tips and ideas:
You can garnish with some chopped oregano and crumbled feta cheese.
Images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwq4vl610iY