When you have your favorite pasta dish, there is nothing better than a glass of wine and garlic bread. This recipe does not only give you garlic bread. It takes it up to another level. Loaded with creamy cheese, this cheesy garlic bread is perfect on its own. Crunchy, cheesy, and coated with garlic-infused olive oil, this bread is definitely a must try.
This recipe takes about 25 to 30 minutes to make. Serves 6.
• 1 loaf of ciabatta bread
• 6 cloves of garlic
• 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp of fresh parsley
• 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
• Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
• Black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Cut the loaf of bread in half and place on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
In a food processor, add garlic, parsley, and extra virgin olive oil. Puree until smooth.
Spread the puree on both sides of the bread.
Close the bread again, and wrap with foil.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Unwrap the bread and sprinkle shredded mozzarella on both sides.
Top off with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Place the bread back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes until cheese has melted.
Slice the bread and serve.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can substitute with whatever cheese you have on hand. Other alternatives to cheese like nutritional yeast is also fine.
• Italian bread was used in this recipe, but you can definitely try using your favorite type of bread.
• The garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil is also great for cooking. You can keep the leftovers in the fridge and use it to sauté vegetables or meat. You can also use it to spread over crackers, as a dip for vegetables, or as a salad dressing.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrYb6cXYR30