Stir-fry dishes give you delicious meals quickly. These dishes are really helpful during school days when you need to have meals in a flash. This recipe is a popular Chinese take-out, which you can now make at home! Chicken and broccoli with a thick sauce is a sure hit even with kids. You can prep the ingredients in advance and saves you even more time. Ditch the takeout and make this meal at home.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make. Serves 4.
• 2 tbsp of soy sauce
• 2 tbsp of rice vinegar
• 2 tbsp of oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp of cornstarch
• 1 tsp of sesame oil
• 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
• 1 pound of boneless chicken thighs, cut into half-inch strips
• 3 tbsp of minced peeled fresh ginger
• 2 cloves of minced garlic
• 2 scallions, thinly sliced
• 1 broccoli head, cut into small florets
To prepare the sauce, add soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, cornstarch, and sesame oil in a bowl. Whisk together until cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
In a big wok or pan, heat vegetable oil over high heat.
Cook the chicken strips for about 10 minutes. Stir continuously.
Once the chicken turns brown, add ginger, scallions, and broccoli.
Stir frequently for about 3 minutes until the broccoli turns bright green.
Pour 1/4 cup of water.
Add your sauce and cook for 1 minute.
Ideas And Tips:
• Adding ginger, garlic, and scallions to your dish instantly give your dish an Asian flavor.
• You can also use beef for this dish. Make sure to cut your beef into thin strips so that it cooks faster.
• The same method of cooking can also be used for other vegetables like string beans, leafy greens, or mixed vegetables.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTZ_nDTrrfY