Chicken salad sandwich is a classic Southern recipe. The filling is made with shredded chicken meat mixed with mayonnaise and other seasonings, mixed and put in between two bread slices. The first American forms of the chicken salad sandwich were served in the late 19th century but the Chinese earned the credit for the first to serve variations of chicken salad. This recipe can probably be the simplest and easiest way to make a chicken salad sandwich. Whether you serve these sandwiches for lunch, snack or supper, your family will surely love them. You can also cut the sandwiches into smaller portions and serve them at gatherings and parties.
• 2 cups of shredded boiled chicken
• 1 lettuce leaf, finely sliced
• 9 sandwich bread slices
• 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 3 tbsp mayonnaise
This recipe takes about 10-15 minutes to make. Serves 6.
Put chicken, lettuce, black pepper, salt, and mayonnaise in a bowl, then mix well.
To assemble the sandwich, spread chicken filling on a bread slice.
Cover with another bread slice, then spread chicken filling on top.
Top off with another slice of bread.
Repeat the process for the rest of the bread slices.
To make a nice presentation, slice each sandwich diagonally before serving.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can add chopped onions, celery, chives or hard-boiled eggs.
• You can use left-over rotisserie chicken.
• Instead of chicken, you can use tuna chunks, shrimps, lobster or crabmeat.
• To help keep the sandwich from falling apart, you can stick a toothpick on each side of the sandwich before slicing. Remove to remove the toothpicks before serving.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMoYS80MiFc