Chickpeas were first found and served in Middle Eastern cuisine. Chickpeas are usually cooked with salads and stews. Chickpea curry is another way of cooking and eating chickpeas. Adding to the flavor of coconut milk and chopped tomatoes mixture are the spices mixed in it. This only takes 5 minutes and you’ll surely love this for your dinner meal.
• 1 x 400 grams tin of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
• 1 x 400 grams tin coconut milk
• 1 x 400 grams tin chopped tomatoes
• 1/2 red onion (chopped)
• 1 clove garlic (chopped)
• 1/2 ginger (thumb-sized piece)
• 1/2 red chili (chopped)
• 1 tbsp curry powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin powder
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon ground paprika
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• Small bunch of coriander (chopped)
• 1/2 lime zest
• 1/2 lime juice
• 1 avocado (optional)
Set a pan over medium heat.
Put olive oil and let it heat.
Saute onion and garlic.
Add red chili.
Season with ground coriander, ground paprika, curry powder, and cumin powder and cook for 30 seconds.
Add chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, and chickpeas.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add coriander and mix all ingredients.
Add lime zest and lime juice.
Season with salt to taste.
Transfer to a bowl.
Serve with avocado and enjoy!
Images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP6eXpwIths