This chocolate pound cake is moist and decadent. Perfect to serve with coffee or tea. Rich semi-sweet chocolate mixed with soft pound cake and glazed with shiny chocolate glaze. You can make this in advance and keep at room temperature for a few days.
• 1/4 cup of unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup of boiling water
• 1.5 cups of cake flour
• 1 tsp of baking powder
• Half a tsp of salt
• 1 cup of unsalted butter
• 1 and 1/4 cups of granulated white sugar
• 1.5 tsp of pure vanilla extract
• 4 large eggs
• 2 tbsp of milk
• 3 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate
• 2 tbsp of butter, diced
• 1 tbsp of honey
This recipe takes about 90 to 110 minutes to make. Makes one loaf.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Coat 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with melted butter or cooking spray. Place parchment paper at the bottom.
Add boiling water to cocoa powder, and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
Whisk cake flour with baking powder and salt.
In an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth.
Add vanilla extract and sugar. Beat until fluffy.
Add cocoa mixture, flour, and milk on low speed.
Transfer the batter into the loaf pan.
Bake for 55 to 65 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if cooked.
Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes.
To make the glaze, melt chocolate, butter, and honey in a stainless bowl placed over simmering water.
Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Pour over the cake and use a spatula to smoothen the glaze.
Ideas And Tips:
• Make sure that you use room temperature butter and eggs so that they mix well with the other ingredients.
• You can keep this cake for 4 to 5 days at room temperature as long as it is well wrapped. You can also store this in the freezer for a few months.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI8ShUTkJf8