Enjoy this full-flavored crockpot cajun style smothered potatoes with sausage and shrimp. It is a perfect dish for dinner or to take to a potluck dinner. Add more seasonings and mushrooms into the pot if you like for a tastier dish.
• 1 lb smoked sausage (sliced)
• non-stick cooking spray
• 2 lbs Russet potatoes (peeled and diced)
• 1 green bell pepper (diced)
• 1 white onion (diced)
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 1 tbsp onion powder
• 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
• 1 tbsp liquid shrimp and crab boil concentrate in garlic and onion flavor
• 1/4 cup chicken broth
• 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
• 1 lb shrimps (peeled, deveined and uncooked)
• some chopped green onions (optional for garnishing)
Spray a crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
Add sliced smoked sausages and spread at the bottom of the pot.
Add diced Russet potatoes, followed by diced green bell pepper and white onion.
Add minced garlic.
Season with onion powder, Cajun seasoning and Italian seasoning.
Add liquid shrimp and crab boil concentrate.
Pour chicken broth.
Cover the pot.
Cook in high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
Once done, remove the cover.
Stir a little.
Add raw shrimps in the pot.
Stir to combine.
Cover the pot and cook for another 10-20 minutes or until shrimps are cooked.
Once done, transfer to a plate.
Serve and enjoy!
Images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag5m5TRrhVw