Eggplant rolls are said to be of Georgian and Sicilian origin. The Georgian version is straightforward: grilled or fried eggplant slices stuffed with a creamy garlic-walnut-based filling, then rolled. The Sicilian version is mainly identified by the presence of tomato sauce. The eggplant slices are rolled with a ricotta cheese-based filling. The tomato sauce is either brushed on the eggplant slices or spread all over the eggplant rolls then baked.
This light, healthy recipe is very simple and easy to make. A creamy and crunchy filling spread on grilled eggplant slices then rolled. These eggplant rolls are perfect for an appetizer or side dish.
• 1 large eggplant, sliced thinly lengthwise
• cooking spray
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ⅔ cup of walnuts, finely chopped
• ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
• 3 tbsp mayonnaise
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to make. Serves 4 to 5.
Heat grill pan over medium heat.
spray with cooking spray.
Grill eggplants about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Make sure not to burn the eggplant.
Put all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl garlic, chopped walnuts, ground black pepper, salt, and chopped dill.
Mix together until well blended.
Add mayonnaise and mix well.
Evenly spread filling on 1 side of eggplant.
Roll eggplant making sure not to squeeze so the filling does not ooze out of the side.
Secure with a toothpick.
Repeat procedure for the rest of the eggplant slices.
Ideas And Tips:
• If you are one of those parents who are having trouble feeding their kids with vegetables, make this dish appealing to them. Coat the eggplant rolls with flour, then dip in beaten eggs then coat with panko breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown or spray with cooking spray then bake in the oven.
• To make this a filling vegetarian meal, arrange the eggplant rolls in a baking dish. Pour marinara sauce and top with shredded cheese. Bake in the oven until the cheese melts.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6LtbwDCggE
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...