Fish fillet can be cooked in many ways. They only need a few minutes to cook and can be seasoned in a variety of ways.
This is a recipe made by world-renowned chef Gordon Ramsay. The fish fillets are seared for a minute on the stove. The fillets are then topped off with a layer of sautéed cherry tomatoes, basil, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan. Baked in the oven for a few minutes until the fillets are crispy golden brown.
• 2 fish fillets
• 100 grams of cherry tomatoes
• Half of an onion, peeled and chopped
• 5 grams of fresh basil
• Half a cup of bread
• 5 grams of fresh parsley, chopped finely
• 25 grams of finely grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
This recipe takes 25 minutes to make. Serves 2.
Preheat the oven to 200C.
In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and cook baby potatoes.
Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
Drizzle olive oil on a frying pan on medium to high heat.
Once the pan is hot, carefully place the fish fillets.
Cook for 1 minute on each side.
Remove from the pan and transfer onto a baking tray.
On the same frying pan, drizzle oil again and place on medium to high heat.
Sauté cherry tomatoes and onions for 5 minutes.
Add basil, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
In a food processor, add chopped bread, grated Parmesan, and chopped parsley.
Blend until crumbly.
Place cherry tomatoes mixture and breadcrumbs mixture on top of the fish fillets.
Bake in the oven for 6 minutes.
Place fish on a plate. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the plate.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can use any type of fish for this recipe like cream dory, halibut, salmon, tilapia, or sea bass.
• A great side dish for this recipe is simple boiled baby potatoes. Boil water in a saucepan, cook the potatoes for 10 minutes, and serve.
• You can slice regular bread as done in this recipe or you can use store-bought breadcrumbs.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZfPBIxmg38