Pancakes are popular breakfast food made from flour, milk, and eggs. Variations of pancakes include adding fruits or vegetables into the batter.
This recipe uses potatoes as the main ingredient for the batter. Crispy and filing, these potato pancakes can be garnished with salmon slices and dill, or with sour cream and applesauce. You can also eat these pancakes with eggs and bacon.
• 2 and 1/4 pounds of russet potatoes
• Half of a yellow onion
• 2 large eggs
• 3 tbsp of flour
• 1 tsp of salt
• Half a tsp of black pepper
• Pinch of cayenne
• Vegetable oil
This recipe takes about 45 minutes to make. Serves 3 to 4.
Grate potatoes and place in a large bowl with cold water.
Add grated onion and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
In another bowl, add eggs, flour, black pepper, cayenne, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
Drain and rinse your potatoes. Squeeze out the water from the potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
Mix the egg mixture with the potatoes. Make sure all of the potatoes are covered.
In a hot pan, scoop up the potato batter.
Cook for 5 minutes on each side.
Ideas And Tips:
• Do a test pancake to see if the seasonings are ok. Adjust accordingly and then proceed to cook the rest of the batter.
• While you are cooking the test pancake, cover the rest of the batter with plastic wrap. This will prevent the potatoes from turning brown.
• You can also try sweet potatoes for this recipe.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHZsE7T7hwI