Potato salad is made from boiled potatoes and garnished with herbs. It is categorized as a side dish. It is believed that this salad originated from Germany and that it was brought to the US by European settlers. American potato salad is served cold. Germany’s version is served warm and made from oil, herbs, and bacon.
This recipe is a vegan version of this famous side dish. Aside from potatoes, additional vegetables are added to add flavor and crunch.
• 8 medium sized red skinned potatoes
• 4 celery stalks
• 1 medium-sized carrot
• Half a cup of frozen green peas, defrosted
• 3/4 cup of chopped onion
• 1 cup vegan mayo
• 2 cloves of minced garlic
• 1 tsp of salt
• Half a tsp of black pepper
Wash the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into quarters with the skin intact.
Steam the potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes. Use a fork to check if the potatoes are tender.
Let the potatoes cool for a few minutes.
Chop carrot, celery, and onion. Place the chopped vegetables into a large bowl.
Add the peas and mix well.
To make the dressing, mix all of the ingredients together.
Place the potatoes into the bowl with the chopped vegetables.
Scoop in the dressing and mix until well coated.
Garnish with fresh dill.
Ideas And Tips:
• The potato salad can be kept in the fridge for 3 to 5 days in a tightly sealed container.
• Aside from dill, you can add other herbs like parsley, rosemary, or basil.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-i-f5GoyhQ