Matcha is a finely ground powder made from processed green tea. It is currently a popular flavor for drinks, pastries, and desserts. Matcha was also used in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. This recipe satisfies your matcha cravings by transforming it into an ice cream. The best part of this recipe is that you don’t need an ice cream maker. Bananas are added for that extra sweetness. 100% vegan ice cream that does not hold back on creaminess and flavor.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to prepare. The ice cream needs to set in the fridge overnight. Serves 2.
• 200 ml of soy whipping cream
• 180 grams of banana (1 to 2 bananas)
• 150 ml of soy milk
• 4 tbsp of sugar
• 2 tbsp of matcha green tea powder
• 2 tbsp of hot water
Boil some water. Mix with matcha powder and stir until matcha is dissolved.
Add bananas, soy milk, sugar, and matcha paste in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Use an electric mixer to turn whipping cream into soft peaks.
Slowly fold the whipped cream with the matcha mixture.
Pour the mixture into a container.
Place in the freezer.
Every 2 hours, stir the mixture. Repeat at least 3 times.
Leave in the freezer to set overnight.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can add more ingredients to the ice cream such as adding more fruits. Aside from bananas, you can blend in whatever fruits you have on hand.
• You can garnish this ice cream with syrup, nuts, or dried fruits.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGzKagVKQvA