Pizza is an Italian dish made from dough and topped off with cheese, meat, and vegetables. It is now a worldwide favorite and enjoyed by everyone.
This recipe gives a healthier version of pizza. 100% vegan, fresh vegetables, low-sodium and delicious, this is perfect for movie night. Cooked in under half an hour, and enough for a small group of friends.
• 1 pizza dough
• 1 cup of tomato sauce
• Half of red pepper, sliced
• 8 to 10 basil leaves, chopped
• 1 tbsp of olive oil
• 2 cups of vegan cheese shreds
• 1 tsp of garlic powder
• 1 tsp of dried parsley
• Half a tsp of dried oregano
This recipe takes about 20 minutes to make. Serves 6 to 8.
Preheat oven to 430F.
Flatten the pizza dough from the sides going to the center.
Transfer the pizza dough into a pizza tray.
Spread tomato sauce with a ladle.
In a bowl, add cheese, basil, and red pepper. Mix well and sprinkle on the pizza.
In another bowl, add garlic powder, parsley, and oregano. Mix well and add on the pizza.
Brush oil on the crust.
Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Ideas And Tips:
• If your pizza is cooked and crispy on the bottom but the top is not cooked yet, remove the pizza from the tray and just transfer it to the oven rack. Cook for another 2 minutes. Always check on your pizza to make sure it does not burn.
• You can basically put anything on your pizza. Check what you have available in your local market or pantry. Season with anything you have. Drizzle with olive oil for that extra crunch.
images – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI-y1Y5ohO8