Mornings are always busy for a lot of people, so there are a lot who skip breakfast. This recipe will give you breakfast in 5 minutes that is creamy and filling. It is loaded with iron, fiber, and vitamins to help jumpstart your day.
You can also do some of the prep the night before. You can place this smoothie in your tumbler, and drink it while you are on your way to work or to school.
• 1 medium to large size banana
• 1 cup of milk
• 1/4 cup of instant oats
• 1 tbsp of maple syrup
• 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
• 1 tbsp of peanut butter
This recipe takes about 5 minutes to make. Serves 1.
Add all of the ingredients in a small blender.
Blend until smooth.
Serve in a glass.
Ideas And Tips:
• To make this smoothie 100% vegan, use plant-based milk such as almond, rice, or soy milk.
• To make this a cold smoothie, place the bananas in the freezer overnight.
• Aside from maple syrup, you can also use dates such as Medjool dates to act as your sweetener.
• Other ingredients that you can add to this smoothie are raisins, almonds, walnuts, dried fruits, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and raw cacao nibs.
• You can also add more fruits, depending on what you have on hand.
• It’s best to use instant oats or rolled oats for this recipe. These oats have been already been steamed, so they are no longer raw. They are safe to add to smoothies because technically they are already pre-cooked.