Pad Thai is Thailand’s delicious National dish. It is made with soaked rice noodles stir-fried with eggs and chopped tofu and seasoned with tamarind, fish sauce, dried shrimp, garlic or shallots, red chili pepper, and palm sugar. Pad Thai main contain other ingredients like bean sprouts, meat, chicken or seafood. It is commonly served with lime wedges and topped with chopped roasted peanuts. You can find Pad Thai in any street food stalls or restaurants in Thailand. Pad Thai has a perfect blend of salty, sweet, sour, and spicy flavors.
With this recipe, you don’t have to go to Thailand or to a Thai restaurant to enjoy a healthy Pad Thai. You won’t even need a wok or a stove to make this dish at home. The noodles are made from shredded zucchini, carrots, and bell pepper while the tasty sauce is made with fresh orange juice, coconut meat, fresh herbs, and raw tahini. You can easily make and enjoy this delicious and nutritious pad thai with citrus ginger dressing.
This recipe takes about 20 minutes to make. Serves 2 to 3.
• 4 cups of spiralized zucchini
• ½ cup of spiralized or shredded carrot
• ⅓ red pepper, thinly sliced
• ½ cup of fresh orange juice
• ⅓ cup of fresh coconut meat
• ½ cup of fresh cilantro
• ⅓ cup of chopped scallions
• 1 ½ tbsp raw tahini
• 2-3 fresh sage leaves
• 1 tsp chopped ginger
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• mixed fresh greens
• alfalfa sprouts
Put zucchini, carrots, and red pepper in a large bowl and toss well.
Drizzle lemon juice on top and mix well.
Set aside while you prepare the sauce.
Put orange juice, coconut meat, cilantro, scallions, raw tahini, sage leaves, and ginger in a blender.
Blend for a few minutes or until smooth and creamy.
Pour over dressing over the noodles and mix well.
Make a bed of mixed green on a plat, then top with pad thai.
Sprinkle alfalfa sprouts on top and serve.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can also use cucumber, beetroot, turnip, jicama, squash or broccoli stalk for the noodles.
• You can add Brazil nuts or cashew nuts to the sauce.
• You can also substitute coconut with avocado.
• It is best to make this dish at least 15 minutes prior to serving so the noodles soak up all the flavors of the dressing.
• If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a food processor or a grater to make the noodles.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJkFTQKYlP0