Jerk chicken is a famous dinner dish in Jamaica and the Caribbean. It is a delicious crockpot chicken recipe, with fried chicken breasts mixed with a spicy sauce. Serve it with rice and a vegetable side dish.
• 6 chicken breasts (skin on)
• 1/2 medium yellow onion (chopped)
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 2 tsp thyme
• 1/4 tsp ground cloves
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp allspice
• 1 green jalapeno (chopped)
• 2 spring onions (chopped)
• sprinkle of Jake’s seasoning
• 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp vegetable oil (for frying)
• lime wedges (optional for garnishing)
• lemon wedges (optional for garnishing)
Season all sides of six chicken breasts with Jake’s seasoning.
Set a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and heat it.
Add the seasoned chicken breasts into the pan.
Fry until both all sides are browned.
Once done, remove from the heat and set aside.
Prepare a hand blender.
Add chopped jalapeno, spring onions, and yellow onion.
Pour distilled white vinegar and soy sauce.
Add the seasonings – thyme, ground cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and brown sugar.
Drizzle a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Blend until well combined.
Set aside dressing.
In a crockpot, add in the cooked chicken breasts.
Pour the dressing.
Cover the crockpot and cook in high for 4 hours.
Once done, transfer to a plate and serve with rice.
Images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHxIidn7c54