Macaroni and cheese, more commonly known as mac and cheese, is an English dish which consists of cooked macaroni pasta and a cheesy sauce. Traditionally, it is cooked in a casserole and baked in the oven. In the US, mac and cheese is a popular comfort food. It is a big hit with kids, too. Nowadays, there are numerous varieties of this famous dish. In this recipe, vegetables are added to the mix, but in secret. Great to serve to kids who don’t want to eat their veggies!
This dish takes about 20 minutes to make. Serves 2 to 3.
• 12 oz of pasta
• 1/4 cup of milk
• 1 cup of shredded cheddar
• 4 oz of cream cheese
• 2 carrots, cut into small pieces
• 1 cup of cauliflower, chopped
• 1 cup of frozen butternut squash
• 1 tsp of salt
To cook your pasta, boil some water in a pot and follow the package instructions.
Steam your vegetables for about 5 to 7 minutes until they are tender.
Place your steamed vegetables in a blender and blend until smooth.
To make the sauce, pour milk, shredded cheese, and cream cheese in a saucepan.
Add your pureed vegetables.
Mix with your pasta and serve.
Ideas And Tips:
• Any type of pasta is great with this recipe, so don’t limit yourself to macaroni. Try out penne, bowtie or even spaghetti.
• You can add more vegetables to the sauce, but to retain its orangey color, refrain from using green vegetables. You can substitute with carrots, orange or yellow bell peppers, or sweet potatoes.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MFUuC9NA1I