Pasta is traditionally made from flour and it is flavored with different types of sauces. Marinara sauce is made from tomatoes and it is a popular sauce used for pasta with its vibrant red color. This recipe uses raw zucchini as pasta noodles, which means you do not have to feel guilty about carbs. The best part of this recipe is that it is 100% raw and no cooking is involved. You can make the sauce in advance and keep in the fridge. 100% vegan, raw, healthy and gluten-free.
• 2 zucchini, roughly peeled
• 1/3 cup of marinara sauce
• 1 tomato
• Half a cup of sun-dried tomatoes
• Half of one red bell pepper
• 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp of minced fresh basil
• 1 tsp of dried oregano
• 1 clove of garlic
• Black pepper
• Cayenne pepper
This recipe takes about 10 minutes. Serves 2.
Use a peeler or a spiralizer to turn zucchini into pasta noodles. Set aside in a bowl.
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in water for an hour.
Roughly chop the bell pepper, tomato, and basil.
In a food processor, add tomato, bell pepper, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, and dried oregano.
Season with salt and pepper.
Blend together until you achieve the preferred texture.
Pour the sauce over the zucchini noodles.
Mix together with a spoon.
Ideas And Tips:
• A spiralizer is a kitchen gadget that turns vegetables into thin strips that resemble pasta.
• If you want a warm pasta dish, you can heat the marinara sauce over the stove or in a microwave.
• Do not leave the marinara sauce in the zucchini for too long. The zucchini will become watery. Mix in the sauce a few minutes before serving.
• You can leave the marinara sauce in the fridge for a week in a tightly covered container. The zucchini will last for a few days in the fridge.
• The marinara sauce can be used for other dishes. It can also be used as a dipping sauce for vegetables like carrots and celery.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLi5657CSos