This recipe is a healthier version of the classic shrimp and asparagus stir-fry. With only 283 calories per serving, this recipe can be your go-to quick and easy meal without having to worry about wrecking your healthy diet. It is so simple; you can have a delicious meal within 30 minutes! The best part about this recipe is you get to see the calorie count for each ingredient. You can add up the total calories for every serving you eat. If you’re ready for some low-calorie seafood, here’s the recipe:
Makes 4 servings
Calories per serving – 282.75
• 4 tablespoons olive oil – 477 calories
• 1 pound raw shrimp – 539 calories
• 1 pound asparagus – 91 calories
• 1 teaspoons salt – 0 calories
• ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper – 3 calories
• 1 teaspoon garlic, minced – 4 calories
• 1 teaspoon ginger, minced – 2 calories
• 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce – 8 calories
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice – 7 calories
In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. You may reduce the olive oil if you are keen on reducing the calories even more. Notice how only 4 tbsp. of olive oil equals to 477 calories?
Add shrimp to the pan, then season with ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper. Cook until the shrimp is pink. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add asparagus. Add ginger and garlic, then season with ½ teaspoon of salt. Stir frequently and cook until the asparagus is tender-crisp.
Return the shrimp to the pan, then add soy sauce. Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Just before the dish is ready, add lemon juice, stir once more, then serve while hot.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aavTZB4d_bc