Classic fish pie but with added creaminess on top! The main star of this dish is the creamy and smooth roux sauce. Filled with fish and prawns, this pie is topped off with boiled eggs, cheddar cheese, and beautiful mashed potato. Once baked, this pie will officially become the star of your next dinner party. You can add any type of seafood you like, and add more toppings for more surprises.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make. Serves 4 to 5.
• Creamy roux sauce
• 20 grams of butter
• 20 grams of flour
• 100 ml of double cream
• 1 Knorr Fish Stock Pot
• 100 grams of white fish fillet, chopped into squares
• 100 grams of salmon fillet, chopped into squares
• 100 grams of smoked haddock, chopped into squares
• 100 grams of prawns, peeled and head removed
• 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into quarters
• 150 grams of leeks, chopped, blanched and dried
• 1 kg of mashed potato (boiled peeled potatoes, mashed with double cream, and mixed with 2 to 3 egg yolks)
• 50 grams of grated mild cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 200C.
To make the roux sauce, place the butter on a saucepan over low heat. Once butter has melted, add the flour.
Use a whisk to remove lumps. Gradually add the fish stock.
Pour the cream and whisk continuously until the sauce becomes creamy.
Add the white fish, salmon, haddock, and prawns into the sauce. Make sure all the fish are coated with the sauce.
Pour the sauce over a baking pan.
Sprinkle the leeks, boiled eggs, and cheddar on top.
Place the mashed potato on top as a cover.
Bake the pie for 15 minutes.
Ideas And Tips:
• The base of this recipe is the roux sauce and the mashed potato cover. You can opt not to add boiled eggs, leeks, or cheddar cheese. You can also use milk instead of cream.
• Marco Pierre White is a renowned British chef, restaurateur, and television personality. He has been dubbed as the first celebrity chef of the UK restaurant scene. He still holds the title as the youngest chef to ever be awarded 3 Michelin Stars. He has mentored other famous chefs including Gordon Ramsay, Curtis Stone, and Shannon Bennett.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFjC79BLO4&t=11s