Mushroom is used in a lot of dishes, but a popular dish is the creamy mushroom soup. It has that delicious taste of mushrooms with added creaminess. This soup is a popular staple in many restaurants, and by following this recipe you can make creamy mushroom soup right at home. This is such a cozy dish for those cold and lazy days when you just want to stay indoors curled up with a good book.
This recipe takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to make. Serves 2 to 3.
• 2 pounds of white or brown mushrooms, sliced into halves
• 1/4 cup of butter, unsalted
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 tbsp of flour
• 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and left whole
• 6 sprigs of thyme, tied together with kitchen string
• 4 cups of chicken stock
• 1 cup of water
• 1 cup of heavy cream
First, place a pot on medium high heat.
Add your mushrooms, butter, and salt. Cook the mushrooms until the water dissipates.
Turn down your heat to medium low.
Once the mushrooms turn brown, add your onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
Add your garlic, thyme, chicken stock, and water.
Simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
Remove the thyme and pour the soup into a blender.
Blend together until smooth.
Place the soup back in the pot.
Pour the cream and stir.
Season with black pepper and salt.
Ideas And Tips:
• If you think your soup is too thick, you can add more stock or water after it has been blended. Do not add more cream as it will make the soup too rich.
• To make this a vegan soup, replace chicken stock with vegetable stock. You can also use water and then add more seasonings for that added flavor.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WB-H9E3cNo