Here is a basic recipe on how to cook salmon in an oven. You can top off your favorite salad or pasta with this scrumptious fish.
This recipe takes about 8 to 10 mins. Servings depending on how big the salmon is.
• Salmon fillet
• Combination of herbs (tarragon, thyme, dill, basil or parsley)
Preheat the oven to around 475 F.
Prep the salmon fillets. Run your fingers on the salmon to check for any bones. If you find any, pluck them out using tweezers.
On a baking pan, add some butter. Pop it in the oven for 5 minutes.
Season the flesh side of the salmon with your preferred herbs.
Place the salmon fillet skin-side up on the hot pan.
Pop the pan back in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
Optional step: Remove the skin from the salmon, season the exposed flesh with salt and pepper, and put it back in the oven. If the skin does not remove easily, put it back in the oven for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Turn over the fish with the herbs side up.
Season this side with salt and pepper.
Bake in the oven for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Using your finger, check the salmon if it is firm. Serve over pasta, with a side of salad, or on its own.
Ideas And Tips:
• The oven temperature depends on the salmon recipe Usually, salmon bakes nicely in 350F for a few minutes. Remember, this is a basic recipe on how to bake salmon. Specific salmon dishes may vary in cooking time and oven temperatures.
• It is best to use the center cuts of the salmon compared to the tail cut. These cuts are more even in size so they cook at the same time. They are also more tender.
• Always remove the salmon from the fridge at least 20 minutes before cooking. This allows the coldness to seep out of the fish and bring it to room temperature.
• Instead of butter, you can substitute olive oil or canola oil.
• Dried herbs are more concentrated so a few pinches go a long way. You will need twice as much if you use fresh herbs.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJG8geyg454