Fritters consist mainly of fried food that was made from a batter or breading. There are numerous fillings added to fritters including meat, seafood, fruits, vegetables, cheese, and herbs. This recipe combines spicy and savory with a tangy Greek yogurt dip dotted with red chilis. These fritters are perfect for that weekly movie night with the family, or as an afternoon snack with a refreshing drink with friends.
This recipe takes about 15 to 20 minutes to make. Serves 4.
• 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
• Half a tsp of baking powder
• Black pepper
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup of milk
• Olive oil
• 2 spring onions
• 1 red chili
• 2 tsp of cilantro
• 1 can (8 oz) of corn kernels
• 1 cup of Greek yogurt
• Half of a red chili
• Juice of half a lime
• 2 tbsp of cilantro
• Black pepper
Drain the corn kernels and pat dry with paper towels.
Sift the flour and baking powder onto a bowl.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add egg and milk. Whisk together until smooth.
Drizzle with olive oil and whisk.
Add scallions, chili, cilantro, and corn. Mix well until everything is coated with the batter.
In a large frying pan, add some oil.
Scoop the batter and flatten with a spoon. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
To make the dip, add yogurt, chili, and cilantro into a bowl.
Ideas And Tips:
• Gordon Ramsay is a celebrity chef best known for his TV shows Hell’s Kitchen, MasterChef US, The F Word, and Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares. His restaurants have earned a total of 16 Michelin stars.
• You can leave out the chilis if you are not into spicy food. You can substitute with other herbs like basil or rosemary.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQQumV_qqs8