In the fall season, pumpkins are in abundance. Pumpkins are wonderful in soup, pies, and stews. This recipe, however, brings the delicious taste of pumpkin on your plate for breakfast. This is a great recipe to have kids involved because it is really easy. Just mix all of the ingredients together and cook them up in a pan. Homemade pumpkin pancakes are a must try for the perfect breakfast.
This recipe takes about 5 to 6 minutes to make. Serves 5 pancakes.
• 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup of wheat flour
• 1/4 cup of brown sugar
• 1 tsp of cinnamon
• 1/4 tbsp of nutmeg
• 1.5 tbsp of baking powder
• 1/4 tbsp of baking soda
• 1/4 tbsp of salt
• Half a cup of Greek yogurt
• Half a cup of canned pumpkin
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp of vanilla
• 3/4 cup of milk
Mix all of your ingredients together in a big bowl: flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt, Greek yogurt, canned pumpkin, vanilla, egg, and milk.
Place a pan over low medium heat.
Put a spoonful of the pancake batter on the pan.
Once the edges of the pancakes become brown and bubbles appear on top, it is time to flip them over.
Serve the pancakes with maple syrup or honey
Ideas And Tips:
• This recipe uses almond milk for the pancake batter. You can use any milk you have on hand: soy, whole milk, non-fat, or non-dairy.
• For a more festive look, add some fruits on top of your pancakes. You can even try adding fruits to your batter. Sprinkle some blueberries, bananas, or strawberries for that fruity goodness.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xYMkrSv0jg