It is often difficult to come up with exciting vegetarian dishes. You get stuck with the same kind of dishes over and over again. Here is a delicious twist to lasagne! Have you heard of a vegetarian lasagne that uses tortillas instead of pasta? Definitely worth trying!
This recipe takes 20 to 25 minutes to prepare. Serves 2.
• 1 small onion
• 400 g of tomato passata
• 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
• 4 large flat mushrooms, peeled and chopped
• 1 cup of spinach, rinsed and drained
• 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
• 4 flour tortillas
• 100 g of grated emmental cheese
Preheat the oven to 180C.
In a saucepan, add oil, onions and one clove of garlic. Sweat them out and then add the tomato passata.
Remove from heat once the sauce starts to bubble.
In another pan, add some oil. Throw in all the spinach. Flavor with a clove of garlic, salt, and pepper.
Once the spinach leaves are wilted, remove from the heat. Drain them to remove all the liquid using a strainer.
Give the spinach a quick chop.
Put oil back in the saucepan and throw in chopped mushrooms. Add parsley, salt, and pepper after the mushrooms have been cooking for 2 minutes.
Using a round cake tin, start layering the lasagne. Put a tortilla as the base, spread out some tomato sauce, add the spinach and mushrooms, and top off with another tortilla.
Repeat these steps until you get to the last tortilla. Sprinkle some cheese on the top tortilla.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Flip the cake tin on a plate, and then flip again onto the serving tray. Serve with simple crispy salad.
Ideas And Tips:
• Tomato passata is basically uncooked tomato puree that has been stripped off its seeds and skins. However, you can use any tomato sauce or tomato puree for this dish.
• This dish is great as a packed lunch. You can slice the lasagna pizza-style and then just wrap a slice to go. The rest can stay in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
• Just like pizza, this dish is very versatile. You can substitute the spinach and mushrooms with other types of vegetables. Another alternative is to use kale, eggplants, zucchini or artichokes.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eth55HcN3dk