The American southwestern cuisine is a mix of Spanish, Native American, and Mexican food. These cuisines often include chilies that add a touch of heat but also includes lime and herbs.
This salad recipe is very simple to put together. No cooking needed! It is fresh, light, and delicious. Perfect to serve with grilled food.
• 2 cans of black beans
• 1 pack of frozen corn or 3 fresh corn ears
• 2 red peppers, chopped finely
• 1 avocado, diced
• 1/3 cup of olive oil
• Juice of 4 to 6 limes
• 1 shallot, chopped finely
• 1 tsp of cumin
This recipe takes about 5 to 6 minutes to put together. Serves 4 to 5.
Drain the beans.
Make sure that the frozen corn has been brought down to room temperature.
In a big bowl, add your ingredients and mix well together.
Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can substitute cilantro with other herbs like basil or parsley.
• You can add other vegetables to this salad. Try cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, spinach, and celery.
• If you are not a fan of black beans, or if you do not have any on hand, you can substitute with other types of beans: kidney beans, red beans, or pinto beans. You can also use lentils but these are not eaten raw. Make sure to follow package instructions on how to cook lentils. Some lentils need to be soaked in water first before cooking.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39LyagKXseo