Many people love the delicate flavor and creamy texture of alfredo sauce in their pasta dish. This vegan creamy pasta recipe does not use any flour, butter or dairy in the sauce so you can eat an entire serving of pasta without any guilt or worry. Cashew nuts, non-dairy creamer, and vegan seasonings are used to make the creamy alfredo sauce. Mushrooms and zucchini are also added to pack more nutrients in the dish. So whether you are vegan, vegetarian, cutting out on dairy, or just want a healthier meal, this recipe is perfect for you.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make. Serves 2 to 3.
• 1 cup of raw cashews
• 2 cups of water
• 2 tbsp water
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 cup of sliced white button mushrooms
• 1 zucchini, diced
• 1 vegetable bouillon cube
• ½ cup of Oatly Creamy Oat (or similar non-dairy milk)
• 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
• ¼ tsp salt
• 200 to 300 grams of cooked vegan spaghetti
• ground black pepper
Put the raw cashews and water in a saucepan and boil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
Drain boiled cashews and set aside.
Heat a pan over medium heat.
Add chopped onions and water and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add mushrooms, zucchini, and salt.
Cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
Put boiled cashews, non-dairy creamer, vegetable bouillon cube, and nutritional yeast flakes in a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour sauce mixture into the pan of sautéed vegetables and mix well.
Add cooked vegan spaghetti and mix well.
Turn off heat and transfer the pasta to a serving dish.
Sprinkle ground black pepper on top.
Ideas And Tips:
• If you have time, you can soak the raw cashews in water overnight. If you’re in a hurry, you can soak the raw cashews in very hot but not boiling water for 15 minutes.
• Aside from cashew nuts, you can also use pine nuts, pistachio nuts, chickpeas, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, almonds, and walnuts.
• Instead of Oatly Creamy Oat, you can use any non-dairy milk like soy milk, almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, rice milk, hemp milk or flax milk.
• You can also add chopped herbs like basil and parsley.
• If you want some kick, you can add red pepper flakes.
• You can add more vegetables like green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, carrots, baby corn or asparagus.
• If you have no time to slice vegetables, you can use frozen mixed veggies.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEuvHrkDKwU