Today’s quick and flavorful dish is Egg-Fried Rice Noodles with Chicken, presented by Chef Gordon Ramsay.
Born in Scotland, this British chef has also become a very famous and in-demand celebrity chef both in the UK and internationally. He owns a string of Internationally renowned and multi-Michelin starred restaurants across the globe. His shows include Kitchen Nightmares, Hell’s Kitchen, Hotel Hell, The F Word, and MasterChef among others. Lined among top-ranked chefs, he has also written more than 20 books. He is well-known for his temper and scathing outbursts in his TV shows; just like his mentor turned nemesis, Marco Pierre White. However, you’ll find the “nice guy” version of Gordon Ramsay on his YouTube videos where his recipe tutorials are packed with tips, tricks, and techniques.
This recipe takes about 10 to 12 minutes to make. Serves 2.
• 200 grams of dried flat wide rice noodles
• 250 grams of chicken breast fillet, sliced into thin strips
• 1/2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
• 200 grams of tender stem broccoli, cut in half lengthways
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 eggs, beaten
• sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper
• wedges of lime
Soak the noodles in warm water until softened. This will take about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Pour some olive oil into a hot wok.
Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Stir-fry for about 3 minutes over high heat.
Add garlic and continue stir-frying until garlic is crispy but not burned. This will take about 30 seconds.
Add broccoli and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
Pour soy sauce and give the pan a toss or two.
Transfer the chicken and broccoli mixture to a bowl.
Wipe the inside of the pan.
Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil and move the pan around to spread the oil.
Pour egg and whisk well to spread it on the sides of the pan.
Lightly season eggs with salt.
Add noodles and give it a stir.
Put the chicken and broccoli mixture back into the wok.
Stir-fry over medium heat for 1 more minute.
Turn off heat.
Transfer to a bowl.
Squeeze lime on top just before serving.
Ideas And Tips:
• To never go wrong with preparing noodles, always follow the packet instructions. Prep time may be different for every brand.
• The trick for cutting chicken breast into even thin strips is to butterfly the chicken breast first. Then, take your rolling pin and roll it over the chicken. Gently pressing while rolling to evenly flatten the chicken breast. Cut the breast into two then, slice diagonally with long even strokes.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1mE2IWeamI