With this recipe, you can make a simple yet, richly-spiced and absolutely tasty grilled whole tilapia. The mixture of spices and herbs used in the marinade makes the fish really succulent. This grilled tilapia is perfect with any side dish.
• 1 whole tilapia, cleaned
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ tbsp ground black pepper
• ½ tbsp dried oregano
• ½ tbsp ground kuli-kuli
• ½ tbsp ground red chili pepper
• ¼ tsp ginger powder
• ½ tbsp garlic powder
• ½ bouillon cube, crushed
• ¼ tsp curry powder
• 1 ½ tbsp vegetable oil
This recipe takes about 45 minutes to make. Serves 1.
Cut slits on both sides of the fish.
In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, oregano, kuli-kuli, ground red chili pepper, ginger powder, garlic powder, crushed bouillon cube, curry powder, and vegetable oil to make the marinade.
Brush the marinade on all sides of the fish including the cavity.
Wrap the fish in aluminum foil and keep in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill to 400°F.
Grease the grill rack with oil.
Take the fish out from the aluminum foil and place it on the grill rack.
Grill the fish for 5 minutes on each side.
Ideas And Tips:
• Aside from tilapia, you can use croaker or sea bream.
• If you want a tender and juicy fish, do not remove the aluminum foil. Place the foil directly on the grill rack and cook the fish for 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
• Kuli-kuli is a popular Nigerian snack primarily made from peanuts. You may use peanut butter to substitute kuli-kuli.
• Aside from dried oregano, you can use thyme or basil.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss4weYkywqg