If you are having a party at home and wondering what to serve as an appetizer, we highly recommend these grilled zucchinis and smoked salmon rolls. They are healthy, affordable and absolutely delicious. The filling is made of cream cheese mixed with chopped chili and grilled bell peppers. The filling is rolled in strips of cold smoked salmon and grilled zucchini. We assure you that your guests will love these rolls.
• 3 red bell peppers
• 1 red chili
• 1 8-oz tub of Philadelphia cream cheese
• ¼ tsp salt
• ⅛ tsp black pepper
• 3 packs of cold-smoked salmon
• 3 zucchinis
• fresh chives
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make. Serves 4 to 5.
Deseed and finely chop the red chili.
Grill the bell peppers for 8 to 10 minutes.
Let the grilled bell peppers cool in a zip-lock bag.
Remove the skin and seeds from the bell grilled bell peppers.
Finely chop bell peppers and place them in a bowl.
Add chopped chili, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
Mix well and set aside.
Slice the smoked salmon into strips.
Spread cream cheese mixture on the smoked salmon strips.
Roll salmon strips then set aside.
Slice zucchini into thin strips.
Grill 1 side of zucchini strips for 1 minute or just until they get some grill marks.
Put the rolled salmon on 1 end of the zucchini, then roll.
Repeat this step for the rest of the rolls.
Insert some fresh chives in the center of each roll.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can add chopped fresh herbs to the cream cheese mixture.
• Aside from cream cheese, you can use ricotta cheese or cottage cheese.
• You can also grill some asparagus tips and put them in the center of the rolls.
• Aside from zucchini, you can use eggplants, carrots, yellow squash or cucumbers.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf_n9vlzt8g