Guacamole is one of the most famous avocado recipes. It is a dip or spread made from avocados mashed together with other ingredients and seasonings. Guacamole originates from the Aztec’s ‘ahuaca-hulli’, which means avocado sauce. It is traditionally prepared and served in a molcajete which is a Mexican mortar and pestle used for making guacamole and salsa. As guacamole has become well-loved in America and internationally, avocado production and supply has greatly increased in recent years. Although avocados are high in fat, these are considered “good fats”. Guacamole is also considered healthy because of its high protein and potassium count.
Store-bought guacamole might have been frozen and could be loaded with canola oil and preservatives. This recipe will show you how simple and easy it is to make your own fresh, healthy and tasty guacamole at home. The key to a creamy and flavorful guacamole is to use perfectly ripened avocados.
• 3 ripe avocados, flesh scooped out
• 1 ripe Roma tomato, chopped
• 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro leaves
• 4 green onions, chopped
• 1 tbsp chopped brined jalapeños
• juice of 1 lime
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to make. Serves 4 to 5.
Put avocado, tomato, cilantro, green onions, jalapeño, garlic and lime juice in a glass bowl.
Using a fork, mash avocados while mixing with the other ingredients in the bowl.
Season with salt and pepper and give it one last mix.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can add a teaspoon of the jalapeño brine to the guacamole.
• When avocados start to oxidize, they turn brown and the dish becomes unappealing. The citric acid in lime or lemon juice helps slow down oxidation so your guacamole will stay vibrant green in color for a longer time.
• There are a number of ways to enjoy guacamole. You can use it as a dip for chips, fish sticks, shrimp cocktail, sushi or pita bread. You can also top it on soups instead of the usual sour cream. You can use it as a spread on toasts and sandwiches. You can use it on deviled eggs or egg salad. You can use it as a dressing to your favorite salad.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWdmcLN4jyM