Smoothies are easy to make, and you can experiment with different ingredients. What’s great about smoothies is you control how sweet it is. You can drink it for breakfast, lunch, snack, and even for dessert. Throw in some ice for that refreshing smoothie perfect for hot summer days. Smoothies are also perfect when you have guests because you can whip up some refreshing drinks in minutes.
This recipe takes about 5 to 8 minutes to make. Serves 2.
• Frozen strawberries, cut the stems and rinse
• 1 banana
• Frozen Greek yogurt
• 3 tbsp of Chocolate Ovaltine
In a blender, put all the ingredients together: frozen strawberries, banana, frozen Greek yogurt, milk, ice, and Ovaltine.
Blend together until smooth.
Ideas And Tips:
• Aside from plain yogurt, check out your local supermarket for flavored yogurt. In this recipe, blueberry-flavored yogurt was used. Mix and match flavors for the perfect smoothie!
• If you want to store your smoothie in the freezer, you can remove the ice from the recipe. Blend all the ingredients together. Place them in a freezer friendly storage cup. When you are ready to serve, place the smoothie at room temperature beforehand to thaw it a little bit.
• Ovaltine is a type of milk-flavoured drink that has malt, whey, and sugar. It originated from Switzerland. It is best known for its chocolate-flavored powdered drink. You can opt to substitute Ovaltine in this recipe with any chocolate drink you prefer. You can substitute with melted chocolate instead.
• Diane Kometa hosts Internet cooking shows called “Dishing with Di”. She shares her home-cooked recipes on Youtube, Facebook, and on her website www.dishinwithdi.com. She loves to hear comments from her fans about her recipes and welcomes feedback on how to make them better.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Rd0VhLayY