Eating healthy snacks is challenging. Although some store-bought products claim that they are healthy, it is often not the case. This recipe gives you a healthy, chocolatey, energy-boosting snack that is ready in half an hour. Perfect for in between meals or before a workout, these energy bites will definitely satisfy your chocolate cravings. The best part is that you don’t have to cook anything. Simply mix all of the ingredients together, let it set in the fridge, and you are ready to go.
This recipe takes about 25 to 30 minutes to make. Serves 2 to 3.
• 1 cup of rolled oats
• 6 tbsp of vegan protein powder
• 1 cup of coconut flakes
• Half a cup of hemp seeds
• 2 to 3 tbsp of raw cacao
• Half a cup of almond butter
In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, protein powder, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, raw cacao, and almond butter.
If the mixture is too dry, add 2 tbsp of almond or coconut milk.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let it set in the fridge for 10 to 20 minutes.
Use your hands to form mixture into balls.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can keep these energy bites in a closed container for a week in the fridge.
• You can add more ingredients to this recipe. Instead of hemp seeds, you can use also use chia seeds or flax seeds. They are all great sources of fiber but with lower amounts of protein.
• Another addition is to add maca powder. Along with chia seeds and cacao powder, maca powder is considered a superfood. It comes from a plant native to the Andes region of Peru. The root is commonly made into a powder which is added to drinks, pastries, and as medicine. It is also consumed by livestock in Peru and Bolivia.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSzYoYYuWkE