Banana is a great “building block” ingredient for any smoothie. It provides a perfect creamy base and its flavor complements a variety of fruits. It is also cheap and conveniently available in the market. This recipe gives you a very basic banana smoothie which you can easily customize by adding your favorite fruits. This banana smoothie is perfect for breakfast or snack and your kids will surely love it.
• 1 banana, sliced
• ½ orange, peeled and quartered
• ⅓ cup of Greek yogurt
• ¼ cup of water
This recipe takes 5 minutes to make. Serves 1 to 2.
Put all the ingredients in a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into glasses and serve.
Ideas And Tips:
• A serving of this easy banana smoothie contains 122 calories, 5 grams of protein, 23 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of dietary fiber, 16 grams of sugars, 2 grams of fat, 1 gram of saturated fat, and 5 milligrams of cholesterol.
• If you want a dairy-free smoothie, you can replace the yogurt with vegan yogurt, almond milk, soy milk, rice milk or hemp milk
• If you want a sweeter smoothie, you can add 1 to 2 tbsp honey.
• Other options that work great with this basic banana smoothie are strawberries, mangoes, and frozen mixed berries.
• You can also make this a tropical smoothie by replacing water with coconut milk or pineapple juice.
• You can add spinach, kale, Swiss chard or collard greens to make this a green smoothie.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnJhKQkEz6E