Burgers or hamburgers are sandwiches traditionally made with sound beef or pork and stuffed inside a bread roll or bun. Burgers are considered the number 1 fast food in the world. It is often served with cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickles or onions. Most burger joints serve burgers with fries or onion rings and a drink. The term hamburger is actually derived from Germany’s second largest city, Hamburg. In the German language, “burg” means castle. Hamburger is a demonym of the city of Hamburg in German.
This recipe is a vegan version of a burger. Replacing meat with black beans, this dish is hearty, filling, and delicious.
• 1 can (16 0z) of black beans
• Half of 1 green bell pepper
• Half of an onion
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp of chili powder
• 1 tbsp of cumin
• 1 tsp of Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
• Half a cup of breadcrumbs
This recipe takes about 25 to 30 minutes to make.
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Drain the black beans. Transfer to a bowl and mash with a fork.
Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic in a food processor. Blend until fine.
Transfer to the same bowl as mashed black beans.
In a separate bowl, crack open 1 egg and season with chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce. Stir well.
Add egg mixture to black beans. Pour breadcrumbs and mix until mixture becomes sticky.
Form burger patties using your hand.
Place the patties on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
Bake in the oven for 8 to 20 minutes on each side.
Serve with usual burger ingredients.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can also grill these burgers. You can place them on an oiled aluminum foil for about 10 minutes on each side. Cooking time is based on how hot your grill is and how thick your burgers are.
• If you are allergic to egg or if you prefer not to use one, you can substitute this binding agent with applesauce, unflavored gelatin, finely ground flax meal, or finely ground chia seeds.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BJoree8urg