This easy homemade seafood rice is a delicious and savory dish for a family weekend dinner. Combine your favorite seafood with rice and mixed veggies. Add more taste with the perfect mix of seasonings. This recipe takes about 30-40 minutes to prepare and cook.
• 1/4 lb shrimps (peeled and deveined)
• some crawfish tails (according to your desired amount)
• some crabmeat (according to your desired amount)
• some scallops (according to your desired amount)
• 1.5 cups Jasmin rice (uncooked)
• 1/4 cup celery stalks (chopped)
• 3 tbsp cooking oil
• 2 tbsp butter
• 1/2 cup mixed bell peppers and onions (diced)
• 2 tbsp garlic paste
• 1 cup white wine
• 3 cups beef stock
• 2 bay leaves
• fresh lemon juice (optional)
• chopped scallions (optional for garnishing)
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp paprika
• 1 tbsp chicken bouillon powder
• 2 tbsp old bay seasoning
• 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
• 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
Mix all seasoning mix ingredients in a bowl.
Set a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add cooking oil and heat it.
Add butter and melt it.
Once melted, add chopped celery and mixed diced bell peppers and onions.
Reduce to medium heat.
Stir and saute for 5-6 minutes until caramelized.
Add garlic paste and stir to combine.
Add seasoning mix.
Stir and cook to combine.
If the butter has dried up, then add more butter to cook the rice.
Add uncooked Jasmin rice.
Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes to combine well.
Pour white wine, followed by the beef stock.
Stir and cook.
Add all the seafood except the shrimps.
Stir and cover the skillet.
Let it cook for 12-14 minutes.
Once rice cooks, add the shrimps and bay leaves in the skillet.
Put on the lid back and cook for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp cooks.
Once done, switch off the heat and remove the bay leaves.
Drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
Garnish with chopped scallions.
Serve and enjoy!
Images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EwexlNO_sA