Mango salsa is a food you look forward to during summer. What if you can match it to your daily meal plan with that tasty pan grilled salmon? It would be a very refreshing addition to your main course.
• 2 Salmon fillet with skin (8 ounce each)
• Canola or vegetable oil
• Fresh ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to taste
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
• 1 Mango (diced to 1/2 inch pieces)
• 1 Jalapeño pepper (finely chopped)
• 1/2 cup fresh pineapple (diced to 1/2 inch pieces)
• 1/2 cup red bell pepper (finely chopped)
• 1/3 cup red onion (finely chopped)
• 1 tbs cilantro (chopped)
• 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon sugar
• Salt to taste
• Freshly ground pepper to taste
• Lime juice
This recipe takes about 60 minutes. Serves 2.
Prepare and rinse salmon fillets.
Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Mix all the seasonings in another bowl to be coated on the salmon fillets.
After 30 minutes, get the salmon fillets out the fridge.
Make 2 cuts on the skin side of the fillet.
Rub the mixed seasonings on each side of the fillets.
Set a grill pan over a medium-high heat.
Grease with vegetable oil.
Place the salmon fillets skin side down onto the grill pan.
Let it cook for 4 minutes on each side.
Carefully remove from the pan.
Transfer to a plate.
In a mixing bowl, put the diced mangoes and pineapples.
Add in chopped red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, red onion, and cilantro.
Squeeze lime juice.
Put a little bit of sugar for some sweetness.
Sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Pour olive oil.
Place in the fridge.
Pour mango salsa on the grilled salmon fillets.
Images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAK5GfW5q6w