Thinking of comfort food? How about give that favorite baked mac and cheese a twist? This cheesy and comforting seafood baked macaroni and cheese will surely lighten up your day. With the mixture of our favorite seafood and cheese, you and your friends will enjoy that afternoon get-together.
Note – the original video for this recipe is no longer available so we chose another one that got great reviews!
• 1 lb shrimp (raw, deveined, tail removed)
• 3/4 lb lobster (raw or pre-steamed, chopped into chunks)
• 3/4 lb lump crab
• 1 lb penne pasta or large elbow pasta
• 3 cups gouda cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (grated)
• 3 cups muenster cheese or mild cheddar cheese (grated)
• 1 cup gruyere cheese (grated)
• 3 cups whole milk
• 2 cups Half & Half
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
• 2 cloves fresh garlic (finely minced)
• 1/4 cup onion (diced)
• 3 level tbsp all-purpose flour
• Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
• 2-3 teaspoons hot sauce or tabasco
• 2 tbsp Grand Diamond all-purpose seasoning
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Season shrimp and lobster with Grand Diamon all-purpose seasoning.
For the pasta:
Set a large pot over high heat.
Pour water and let it boil.
Sprinkle salt, then add the pasta.
Let it cook for 8-10 minutes, then drain.
Pour olive oil to avoid pasta from sticking together.
For the sauce:
Preheat the mixture of Half & Half and milk in the microwave.
Set a skillet over medium-high heat.
Pour olive oil and melt butter.
Saute onion for 3 minutes.
Add and stir thyme and garlic.
Toss all-purpose flour for 2 minutes.
Pour Half & Half and milk mixture.
Stir by whisking.
Season by adding hot sauce, kosher salt, Grand Diamond all-purpose seasoning, and fresh ground black pepper.
Whisk and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes.
Add all the cheese.
Turn of the heat.
Mix for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Toss the pasta.
Mix with the cheese sauce.
In a baking dish, pour half of the pasta and cheese mixture.
Add shrimps, lump crab and lobster meat on top of it.
On the second layer, add the remaining pasta and cheese.
Add on top the remaining shrimps, lump crab and lobster meat.
Top it off with grated cheese.
Cover with parchment paper so that if the cheese sticks out, it will be easier to get.
Cover with foil paper.
Let it bake for 30-35 minutes.
Remove and transfer to plate.
Serve and enjoy!
Tips and ideas:
Leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated.
You can add chopped thymes for garnishing.
Images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3INONdxBlTc