Mackerel is a type of pelagic fish found in both temperate and tropical seas. The term “mackerel” means marked or spotted. This fish is a rich source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. It is considered an oily fish, so cooking mackerel does not need a lot of oil. In this recipe, the fish is coated in spiced butter and then grilled or baked.
This recipe takes about 10 to 15 minutes to make. Serves 2.
• 2 mackerel
• Half a tbsp of castor sugar
• Half a tbsp of paprika
• Half a tbsp of mustard powder
• Half a tbsp of cayenne pepper
• Half a tbsp of coriander
• Half a tbsp of ground black pepper
• Half a tbsp of salt
• 15 to 20 grams of butter
• 1 tsp of red wine vinegar
Preheat the oven or grill to 400 to 450F.
In a saucepan, melt butter.
Mix all of the spices together with the butter and then remove from the heat.
Cut slits on both sides of the mackerel.
Place the fish in a baking dish.
Pour the spiced butter over the fish. Make sure that both sides are coated.
Place the fish in the oven or grill. Cook for 4 minutes on each side.
Ideas And Tips:
• It is best to use deboned fish for this recipe. However, you can also use fillets of other types of fish. You can also the spiced butter sauce for meat.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbH_sOcGfQ