Stir-fried dishes can be one of your best last-minute dinner solutions. Aside from being able to serve them quickly, you can make them really tasty. In this Stir Fry Tofu With Vegetables recipe, slices of vegetables and pre-cooked tofu are stir-fried in sesame oil and a flavorful sauce. The secret to this delicious dish is steaming the vegetables that take longer to cook, before stir-frying with the rest of the ingredients. This way, all the ingredients are cooked evenly during stir-frying. This vegetarian stir-fried dish is perfect with hot, steaming rice.
• 2 cups of sliced cauliflower
• 2 cups of sliced broccoli
• 1 cup of sliced carrots
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp chopped garlic
• 1/2 tbsp chopped ginger
• 1 8-oz pack of pre-cooked sliced tofu
• 2 cups of sliced yellow onions
• 2 cups of sliced red bell peppers
• 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
• 1 ½ tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 2 tsp sugar
• 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
• ½ tsp crushed peppercorns
This recipe takes about 20 minutes to make. Serves 5.
Steam cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots for 5 minutes, then set aside.
Heat oil in a wok or large pan over medium-high heat.
Sauté garlic and ginger for a few seconds.
Add tofu, onions, red bell peppers, and steamed vegetables.
Stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar, chili garlic sauce, and crushed peppercorns.
Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
Turn off heat, then transfer stir-fried vegetables to a serving platter.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can substitute oyster sauce with hoisin sauce or mushroom sauce.
• You can add snap peas, chayote, jicama, mushrooms or scallions.
• It is ideal to pre-mix the ingredients for the sauce before adding to the stir-fried vegetables.
• If you can’t find pre-cooked tofu, you can use a firm tofu block. Slice the tofu, then fry in oil until golden brown before adding right before the end.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDSav_gn_lQ