If you are hosting a party or looking for a perfect Valentine dessert, this strawberry mousse parfait is perfect. The base is made with a creamy strawberry mousse topped with fresh strawberries, then set with a strawberry flavored gelatin on top. To make the dessert more appealing, it is garnished with a chocolate-coated fresh whole strawberry. Everyone will surely love this easy-to-make, fabulous and absolutely delicious dessert.
• 2 cups of whipping cream
• 1/3 cup of granulated white sugar
• 225 grams of softened cream cheese
• 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips, melted
• 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
• 1 tsp strawberry emulsion
• 2 cups of strawberry puree
• 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
• 2 3 tbsp hot water
• 2 cups of sliced strawberries
• 1 6-oz package of strawberry Jell-O
• 1 cup of boiling water
• 2 cups of iced water
• chocolate coated strawberries
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make. The mousse needs to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Serves 8 to 10.
Using a stand mixer, whip cream, and sugar together until smooth.
Put cream cheese, melted white chocolate chips, condensed milk, and strawberry emulsion, in a large mixing bowl.
Mix well using a wire whisk.
Pour in strawberry puree and mix well.
In a small bowl, mix unflavored gelatin with hot water.
Put the gelatin mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds until the gelatin is dissolved.
Add gelatin mixture to the strawberry mixture and mix well.
Gently fold whipped cream into the strawberry mixture until well combined.
Pour strawberry mousse into serving glasses, then top with sliced strawberries.
Let the mousse set in the fridge for at least an hour.
Mix strawberry Jell-O and boiling water in a bowl.
Once the gelatin is dissolved, add iced water.
Mix well until the ice cubes melt.
Using a ladle, gently pour Jell-O mixture on top of the strawberry mousse.
Put the glasses back into the fridge and let the Jell-O completely set.
Once the gelatin has set, garnish with chocolate coated strawberries on top.
Ideas And Tips:
• Instead of using the microwave, you can dissolve the unflavored gelatin in water using a double boiler or directly on the stove. You can also use boiling water instead of hot water to dissolve the gelatin.
• Aside from strawberries, you can use mangoes, peaches, kiwis or mixed berries.
• If you can’t find strawberry emulsion, you can use strawberry extract and red food coloring.
• This is also a perfect make-ahead dessert. You can make it the day before the party or the romantic dinner, then cover it and let it set in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtc1-5tHs_k