These three drinks will power you up the entire day. The green juice is perfect for breakfast and loaded with antioxidants. Reward yourself with a peanut butter smoothie after a sweaty workout session. Craving for something sweet? Try the delicious and healthy berry smoothie.
All the drinks take up roughly 5 to 10 minutes to prepare. Every drink serves 1.
1. Green Juice
• Knob of ginger
• Mint leaves
• Juice of half a lemon
• Juice of half a lime
• Spinach leaves, rinsed
• 1 apple
• 1 carrot
• Half of a cucumber
• 2 sticks of celery
Prep your juicer. Make sure you have a glass ready to hold the juice.
Cut ginger into small strips.
Remove the lemon and lime pulp with a knife.
Pop the ginger, lemon, lime, mint, and cucumber into a juicer.
Cut apples into corners and add into the juicer with the spinach.
Chop carrots into big chunks, and add two sticks of celery.
2. Peanut Butter Smoothie
• Half glass of milk
• 2 tbsp of peanut butter
• 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
• Half of a banana
Pour the milk in a glass to measure it and then transfer to the blender.
Scoop up your peanut butter and add to the milk.
Add the vanilla protein powder.
Whirl in the blender until smooth and serve.
3. Berry Smoothie
• Quarter cup of oats
• Three quarters of a glass of milk
• Quarter cup of yogurt
• Half a cup of assorted berries
• 1 tbsp of chia seeds
• Maple syrup
Break down the oats in the blender.
Add your milk, yogurt, and berries.
Chia seeds and maple syrup are optional but gives added texture and sweetness.
Blend them together, pour into a glass and serve.
Ideas And Tips:
• For the green juice, you can also add some crushed ice for a more refreshing taste. For added sweetness, add some honey.
• If you can, wash the juicer right away so that the pulp does not dry up and stick to the juicer container. Rinse well with soap and water.
• The green pulp can be tucked away in the fridge. Don’t throw them away! These can be made into healthy crackers.
• In the peanut butter smoothie, you can use any type of milk. This recipe uses almond milk, but you can substitute with soy, low fat or whole milk. Same goes with the peanut butter. There are so many types of peanut butter out there, and in this recipe, the chunky version was used.
• For the berry smoothie, you can use fresh or frozen berries. You can choose to have just one type of berry or go crazy with assorted berries like strawberries, blackberries, raspberries or blueberries.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDdINU6NWM