Salmon is widely used in a variety of cuisines. It can be eaten raw as a sashimi. It can be baked, fried, grilled, smoked, and seared. There are so many ways to add salmon into your diet, but simple recipes are often the best. This fish is rich in omega-3 acids and packed with protein. It has that beautiful reddish pink color that just pops on your plate. This recipe is simple: sear the salmon, and top off with mouthwatering lemon butter sauce. Have dinner ready in 10 minutes, and you will get this amazingly cooked salmon.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to make. Serves 1.
• 1 salmon fillet with the skin on
• 1 shallot, minced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• Half a cup of all purpose flour
• 1 to 2 tbsp of oil
• 2 tbsp of lemon juice
• 3 tbsp of cold butter
• One-third cup of white wine
• 2 tbsp of dried parsley or 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
• Black pepper
First, rinse the salmon fillet with cold water. Pat it dry and set aside.
Place a skillet over medium heat. Cover with some oil.
On a plate, season the fillet with salt and pepper.
Cover the fillet with flour.
On the skillet, place the fillet flesh down. Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
Cook the skin side down for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove the fillet from the skillet and let it rest.
Pat down the skillet with a kitchen paper towel to remove the excess oil.
Bring down the heat to low or medium-low.
Pour the white wine and lemon juice into the skillet.
Add the shallots and garlic.
Melt the butter and mix well until the sauce becomes smooth.
Pour the lemon sauce over your salmon fillet, and serve.
Ideas And Tips:
• Salmon tastes great when fresh, but if you cannot find any, frozen salmon is fine. Make sure to bring your salmon to room temperature first before cooking it.
• Cold butter is best used for cooking so that it does not curdle. Using unsalted butter will help you keep your sodium levels in control.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDdINU6NWM