After an intense workout, it is important for the body to get a substantial amount of protein. It is also the best time to consume sugary carbs as these carbs will be used by the body as muscle glycogen rather than storing them as body fat. Consuming a smoothie is the fastest way for your body to absorb these needed nutrients without ever feeling too heavy. This recipe is called the best post-workout smoothie because it is packed with the protein and carbohydrates necessary for muscle recovery.
This recipe takes 5 minutes to make. Serves 2.
• 2 scoops plant-based protein powder
• 1 tbsp cocoa powder
• 1 tbsp almond butter
• 2 handfuls of spinach
• 1 banana, chunked up and frozen
• 2 cups almond milk
Put all the ingredients in a blender.
Blend well until you get a smooth texture.
Serve in glasses.
Ideas And Tips:
• The frozen banana acts as the ice cubes in your smoothie!
• You may substitute almond milk with soy milk, flax milk, rice milk, hazelnut milk, hemp milk, cashew milk or quinoa milk
• You may stir chia seeds into the smoothie and sprinkle a little sea salt on top. You can also freeze it to transform the smoothie into the best post-workout muscle recovery ice cream. 🙂
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTkriew9U8g