Broiling is a healthy cooking method using intense direct heat. The common question everyone asks is the difference between grilling and broiling. Both methods use intense dry heat which quickly cooks the food resulting in a nice caramelized crust and a juicy interior. To a trained chef, the heat source in broiling is on top whereas, in grilling the heat source is at the bottom. Broiling is often used for meat, poultry, and seafood, but, it also does wonders for many fruits and vegetables.
This recipe uses Sea Bass fillets coated with seasoned breadcrumbs which are then broiled in an oven broiler. A tasty and nutritious dinner literally ready in under 20 minutes. It is best served with rice or bread.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to make. Serves 2 to 3.
• 2 Sea Bass fillets
• 1 stick butter, cut into slivers
• 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
• 1/4 tsp paprika
• 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
• sprigs of parsley
• lemon wedges
Put breadcrumbs, paprika, and lemon pepper in a zip-lock bag. Give it a quick shake to season the breadcrumbs evenly.
Drop the fillets in the bag and shake until the fillets are well coated with the seasoned breadcrumbs.
Place half of the slivered butter on a broiler pan.
Lay the fillets on top of silvered butter.
Sprinkle more paprika then top the fillets with the rest of the slivered butter.
Set your broiler to high heat.
Place the pan on the top rack and broil for 11 minutes.
Transfer the fish to a plate.
Garnish with sprigs of parsley on top.
Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Ideas And Tips:
• You may use any fish fillet available in your area for this dish.
• Lemon pepper is a seasoning mixture of lemon zest and cracked peppercorns. It is quite zesty and flavorful which enhances the taste of a dish. Commercially available lemon pepper may include other ingredients such as cayenne pepper, citric acid, garlic, onion, salt, sugar, lemon flavoring, and other spices.
• If you worry about over or under seasoning the breadcrumbs, you may use any of your favorite seasoned breadcrumbs.
• Butter or oil helps conduct the heat from the broiler through the fish. You may substitute butter with cooking spray, olive oil or margarine.
• You may also use an oven-safe frying pan or a cookie sheet in place of the broiler pan.
• Other kitchen appliances used for broiling are salamander broiler, turbo broiler, air fryer, halogen oven, modern toaster oven, and infrared lamp grill.
If you want to learn more about paprika, you may click this link http://www.herbs-info.com/paprika.html
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbeoq-3Ig24