Busy days at work or school may lead you to eat unhealthy meals and snacks. However, too much of this eating habit can leave you feeling weak, bloated or with skin breaking out. Detoxify with green smoothies! They are easy and quick to make. Plus, the nutrients are easily absorbed by your body. What’s great is that you can make them at home, pack them in your tumblers, and take them anywhere with you for a healthy and refreshing drink, anytime. Because you are making them at home, you choose the ingredients to use, make them as tasty as you want, and even control the sweetness. So if you want to reward your body after all those stressful days at work or school, this detox green smoothie recipe is perfect for you. You should be rewarded back with a lighter and energized feeling and a clearer skin.
• 2 cups of spinach
• 2 kale leaves, stem removed
• 1 cup of parsley
• 1 cucumber, halved.
• 2 cups coconut water
• 1 cup diced mango
• 1 frozen banana, sliced
• 1 lemon, juiced
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to make. Serves 2 to 3.
Put spinach, kale leaves, parsley, cucumber, and coconut water in a blender.
Blend for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add mango, banana, and lemon juice.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into glasses and serve.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can also other greens such as lettuce, collard greens, Swiss chard or bok choy.
• If you want a creamier smoothie, you can also use non-dairy milk for the liquid.
• Other than parsley, you can also use basil, tarragon, sage or cilantro.
• If you want a sweeter smoothie, you can add Medjool dates, honey or maple syrup.
• You can add superfoods such as chia seeds or hemp seeds.
• You can also throw in some nuts or seeds for that added crunch.