Oatmeal is a great breakfast – as it is nutritious, delicious, and easy to prepare. It is made from boiling oats in water or milk. It is loaded with carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. It is also rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The reported benefits of eating oatmeal include reducing the risk of heart disease, keeping your blood sugar levels down, relieving constipation, helping in weight loss, and reducing skin irritations.
This recipe uses a few additional ingredients such as chia seeds and fruit slices, to add more nutrients than just oats and milk. This oatmeal is not too sweet but very tasty. Have it for breakfast and it will not only give you the energy you need to start the day but it will also keep you feeling full throughout the day.
• 1 banana, sliced
• 1 tsp chia seeds
• ½ cup of old-fashioned oats
• ⅛ tsp cinnamon powder
• 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
• 2 strawberries, sliced
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to make. Serves 1.
Pour almond milk in a saucepan.
Add chia seeds and simmer over low-medium heat for 1 minute.
Add oats and stir until the milk has reduced to half.
Add half of the banana slices and continue stirring for about 4 minutes.
Lightly mass banana slices while cooking.
Sprinkle cinnamon powder and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
Turn off heat.
Transfer to a serving bowl.
Top with strawberry slices and the remaining banana slices.
Ideas And Tips:
• You may use other unsweetened milk such as whole milk, soy milk, rice milk, hemp milk or coconut milk.
• You may also add nuts and seeds – almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashew nuts, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or ground flaxseeds.
• You may also use other fruits or berries such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, mangoes, melons, apples, peaches or pears.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEbybeAdmk