Eating a salad does not mean you are watching your calorie intake. There are a lot of dressings that are loaded with calories, which defeats the purpose of eating healthy. This version of the classic caesar salad cuts your calorie intake in half. Instead of using mayonnaise, this recipe uses organic plain yogurt which adds extra creaminess but reduces the calories.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to make. Serves 2.
• 4 tbsp of organic plain yogurt
• 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
• Half a teaspoon of English mustard
• 2 fillets of anchovies, diced finely
• Lemon zest
• Juice of half a lemon
• 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
• Grated Parmesan cheese, roughly quarter of a cup
• 2 pieces of chicken breast
• Olive oil
• Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
• Red chicory leaves, thinly sliced
• Half a head of cauliflower, thinly sliced using a mandolin
• 1 red onion, sliced thinly using a mandolin
• Slices of bread to make croutons
To make the dressing, scoop the yogurt and place in a big bowl.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, English mustard, anchovies, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil. and Parmesan cheese.
Mix well with a spoon.
Add the romaine lettuce, red chicory leaves, cauliflower, and red onion with the dressing.
Use your fingers to coat the leaves with the dressing.
Next, prepare the chicken breasts. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and rosemary on the chicken. Pound the meat until flattened.
Place a frying pan over medium heat and pour some oil. Fry the chicken breasts for 4 minutes per side.
Set the chicken aside to rest.
To make croutons, slice the bread into 1 cm cubes.
Place the bread cubes in the same pan used for the chicken breasts.
Slice the chicken into strips.
Top off with croutons.
Ideas And Tips:
• You can put whatever vegetable or lettuce you have in your pantry. If you have Dijon mustard instead of English mustard, give it a go.
• For added crunch, you can garnish with roasted nuts like pine nuts or walnuts.
• For a vegetarian version, you can leave out the chicken breast and add some fruits like avocado.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyB_GZNpCQE