Quinoa is a grain crop where its seeds are used for cooking. It is similar to rice, so the way it is cooked is also the same. With one cup of quinoa, we use one cup of water. Quinoa seeds are added into soups, paired with sauce, or added to salads. It is gluten-free and rich in fiber. Quinoa originated from the Andean region of Peru, but is now available worldwide. This delicious quinoa soup is packed with flavor and simply add all the ingredients in a pressure cooker.
This recipe takes about 20 to 25 minutes to make. Serves 4 to 5.
• Half a cup of quinoa
• 1 small onion, diced
• 2 cups of mixed vegetables
• Green chilis, depending on how spicy you want the soup to be
• 4 cups of stock or broth
• Coriander, finely chopped
• Juice of half a lime
Wash your quinoa with cold water and drain them.
In a pressure cooker, add quinoa, mixed vegetables, onion, green chilies, broth or stock, and a pinch of salt.
Mix together with a spoon and cover with the lid.
Cook for 1 whistle.
Remove the lid and add cilantro, lime juice, and pepper.
Serve while hot.
Ideas And Tips:
• Aside from mixed vegetables, you can add fresh vegetables depending on what you prefer and what you have on hand. Other substitutes are cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes, spinach, zucchini, eggplants, beans, and squash.
• To make this an all vegetarian soup, use vegetable stock.
• For meat-lovers, you can add pieces of meat to the soup to transform it to a hearty meal. You can add chicken breasts, fish fillets, or ground beef or pork.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb-jUafcMZY