Potato is a starchy root crop that is popular in American and European cuisine. It is used in many dishes and cooked in a lot of ways. This recipe combines potatoes with its best partner: cheese. These potato stacks are impressive and look like potato chips layered on top of one another. It is baked to perfection with cheese, thyme, and black pepper.
This recipe takes about 75 minutes to make. Serves 4 to 6.
• 8 to 10 gold potatoes
• 3 tbsp of melted butter
• 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese
• 1 tsp of garlic powder
• 1 tsp of fresh thyme leaves
• Black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375F (or 190C).
Grease 12 muffin cups with melted butter and set aside.
Peel the potatoes.
Slice them thinly using a mandolin slicer.
In a large bowl, add the potato slices and season with melted butter, grated Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Toss the slices in the bowl to make sure that all the slices are coated with seasonings.
Layer the potato slices in the muffin cups.
Add black pepper on top.
Bake in the oven for 55 minutes to1 hour.
Let the potato slices rest for 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin cups.
Garnish the slices with Parmesan cheese and thyme.
Ideas And Tips:
• If you don’t have a mandolin slicer, you can use a sharp knife or a vegetable peeler.
• You can also add milk or cream to season the potatoes to add creaminess.
• Aside from potatoes, you can also use this recipe using other types of vegetables like sweet potatoes, zucchini, and butternut squash. The cooking time may differ depending on the vegetable used.
images – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLUkj1At-GQ